Back to the blog
Back to basics – Facebook
At Harvey & Hugo we strive to keep on top of all of the changes that happen in the many social media platforms we work on. As well as looking at the new options and techniques we can use to make the most of our clients’ pages, we also make sure we don’t forget the fundamental basics of social media. As part of our ‘Back to Basics’ blogs this month, we have compiled some basic information to help you apply to your Facebook page.
- First impressions are always important and you only have a short time to grab someone’s attention. Make sure your page looks informative, corporate (if required) and overall intriguing.
- It is stating the obvious, but make sure your content is of a high quality. Share information your target market will find valuable and informative. You can be humorous about your industry as well as using content that sets your business up as an industry leader.
- Be personal. Facebook is one of the platforms that allows you to give your brand some personality. Posting about your employees successes, office moves and expansions helps build a positive picture of your business and the people that work in it.
- Be visual – using images is a great way to keep people informed about your business and videos work even better to maintain people’s interests.
- Make sure you stay active – If people come back to your page regularly it is important that it looks maintained and current. It is better not to have Facebook at all, rather than a stale old page.
- Update and complete your profile – make sure your information about the business staff, prices etc. is all up to date and that every option to complete your profile has been taken. Your page will perform a lot better if there are not any blanks.
- Develop a strategy and stick to it. Plan ahead for your social media content, so the page can progress and grow with the interaction and followers it has attracted. There are so many people vying for attention on Facebook and you need to maintain your page and make it stand out from the crowd.
Facebook is the largest social network with over 1.3 billion active monthly users. It is simple to use for businesses and consumers and can be an inexpensive way of promoting your brand to millions of people.
If you need a hand, please do give us a call on 01325 486666 – or find out more at some of our blogs at www.harveyandhugo.com