Back to the blog
Google +, the basics
Google+ is perhaps one of the lesser known social media platforms. It entered the social media scene much later than others in 2011. However,
with 500 million registered users and integration with, and impact on Google search, it is becoming a valuable marketing resource.
If you know anything about marketing, you know that Google plays a huge role in anything you put online – Google massively affects your online presence and it is undeniably the most important search engine in the Western World, with over 82% of online searches performed by it.
Here are some handy hints to know about Google+ :
- It offers the ability to create ‘circles’ of people or companies in different sectors and share relevant resources with them
- You can choose from default circles, or create your own
- Much like Twitter you can follow someone and see all of their activity they publish
- You can also organise a video hangout to share your knowledge in discussions
- You can share content with others – this also improves your Google page rankings
So what are the main points to get you started on using Google+ more effectively?
- Make a connection between your Google+ and your website. This will increase your rankings and audience.
- Start using hashtags – they’re not just for Twitter!
- Make sure your cover photo is up, make it interesting and big! Google+ has given the option to have a 2120 x 1192 pixel picture. Take it!
- Play host in a Google+ hangout. You can include both participants and viewers! You can use hangouts for just about anything and keep the recordings for your YouTube channel!
- Join and create communities. Google+ has a large variety of communities to choose from, or if you can’t find the right one create your own!
Social Media – The power of a multi-platform approach
Social media – it’s more than just a numbers game
Are you doing the LinkedIn basics?
Are you a terrific Tweeter?