We’ve long admired Clive Woodward’s leadership and coaching style since the momentous 2003 Rugby World Cup, so we jumped at the chance to hear him speak at a recent event at the top of The Gherkin in London.
His presentation was full of little gems of information that are just too good to keep to ourselves, so we thought we’d share
1. When recruiting for your team, hire for talent, but recognise that talent alone is not enough.
2. When it comes to learning, there are two types of people; sponges and rocks – hire sponges
3. Learning should be relentless
4. Pressure sets apart the great from the good
5. Obsession is often perceived negatively, but a passion for detail is crucial to success
6. Don’t be afraid to talk about losing. It creates interesting situations
7. The DNA of a champion includes talent, teachability, the ability to thrive under pressure and a tremendous desire for success
If you’re feeling inspired after reading this, talk to us about hiring a motivational speaker for your next event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01325 486666. We have some great connections to be able to put you in touch with almost anyone.