Back to the blog
Are you guilty of these social media no-nos?
We all make mistakes from time to time, but are you aware of yours?
If you’re looking for ways to improve your digital strategy in 2019, and maximise the reach and engagement of your social media content, then you need to be mindful of the types of posts you should avoid across all networks.
Are you guilty of posting the following kinds of content…
- Negative replies to poor reviews or bad comments?
- Sharing viral content because, well, it’s gone viral?
- Too many sales posts?
If you have published any of the above, don’t worry, you won’t be the only one but it’s time to make a change, a change which is not only going to benefit your business but your followers too.
Here are some top tips to help you dodge these social media no-nos:
- Negative replies to poor reviews or bad comments – If you spot a negative review or comment, although it may be tempting to strike back, don’t. The best way to deal with posts like these is to acknowledge the complaint, in a polite way, and then take the conversation offline. This will allow you to deal with the issue in private and also your followers can see that you’ve responded and are willing to try to solve the problem.
- Sharing viral content – Just because it’s viral doesn’t mean your audience will be interested in it. Always consider your followers’ needs and if it truly is something they would be interested in, go ahead and share it with them.
- Too many sales posts – Social media was created so people could start a conversation, build relationships and to increase brand awareness. However promotional content unfortunately rarely generates engagement and too many sales posts can encourage audiences to unfollow you. Remember, if you want to become a thought leader you need to share content which is engaging, educational and entertaining.
We hope these tips will help you to develop a strong social media strategy in 2019.
If you haven’t even started to think about your strategy for the year ahead and you need some help don’t forget The Pack is here to assist you! Why not throw us a bone on 01325 486666?
It’s always good to have a PR and marketing plan, right?
So, what is going to be big in social media for 2019?