Back to the blog
Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, it sometimes still does you good to remember the basics, so hold on to your hat and get ready for a quick blast of Twitter tips…
- Use #hashtags within your tweets to gain exposure and help you interact with like-minded people. Often a lot of events have their own hashtag, using it helps you connect with people and potential customers.
- If you don’t have time to reply, ‘favouriting’ a tweet is a quick way of acknowledging people. Don’t do this too often though as nothing beats a reply.
- Don’t worry about posting a long link as Twitter now uses its own URL shortener.
- Pictures give your tweets more attention so try incorporating an image into every three to four tweets.
- Use lists as a source of relevant people to follow and engage with. Creating them can help you gain credibility and attract followers too.
- Quote instead of retweeting as this will increase your exposure and allow you to add a comment.
- Take long conversations into the DM (direct messaging) zone.
If you enjoyed this quick refresher, give us a follow @harveyandhugo for plenty of social media news and tips.
Twitter: Back to Basics
How to grow your followers on Twitter