Back to the blog
Vine: Back to Basics
Vine. Everyone’s heard of it. Most of us don’t understand what it is. Even fewer of us know how to use it… We must admit, we’ve only recently got Vine but now we’re hooked!
This month our blogs have focused on the basics of social media and Vine’s features can send you a bit loopy if you don’t know what you’re doing, so we’ve put together a few key points to help make you the next Vine superstar:
- Setting up your account. @YourUsername. Most people create their Vine profile through their Twitter account so it’s a good idea to keep the same handle. There’s no point having an account if no one can find you!
- Now film! Vine posts are loops of a maximum six seconds – so use your time wisely! Filming begins when you touch the screen and stops when you lift your finger away. You can edit the clips afterwards and save projects to come back to later if you don’t have time to fiddle around. You can also import videos from your camera roll but this can be a little trickier to edit so we recommend you film in-app.
- #Hashtags. You’ve filmed and edited now it’s time to post! Twitter’s influence over Vine extends to hashtags, they function in the same way that they do on most other social media platforms; to categorise your post and make it easy for people to find content. Just make sure the hashtags you use relate to your post
- Experiment. Vine is very much a learn-by-doing experience; the more you practice the better you get and the more inspiration that will come to you. Use the explore feature to take a look at other profiles to get ideas and see what works for you.
- Be creative. Vine’s six second limit seems as though it should limit creativity but in fact it has forced its users to think outside the box and come up with innovative and bizarre ideas. The loop element in particular has been taken up by musicians to mixed results.
- Interact. Search hashtags that interest you, follow, revine and comment. This way you get your profile noticed and build a following.
If you need any extra help with Vine or any other social media, give us a call on 01325 486666.
Vine, a new kind of social media
Back to basics: LinkedIn